Getting Back Into the Dark Room: Part 7 - Finally, The First Result

It definitely has taken some time, but I have made it through the whole process now. Yesterday at noon I started loading some sheet film, took a shot of a lovely china bowl (from the studio of Claudia Biehne), developed, stopped, fixed, rinsed it, and made a scan of it with my Epson V750. I completed the cycle with some serious post-processing. It was a bit of work since I made a mistake when exposing the negative. I did not compensate my exposure for the significant extension of the bellows of my camera. This resulted in underexposure, so I had to use all the tricks of the book to get back some details in the shadows. However, as a first result I am totally not dissatisfied.

Photo: The first result, a picture of a china bowl from Claudia Biehne, by Barend Jan de Jong (Wista 45 SP, Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S 5.6/210).

Photo: The first result, a picture of a china bowl from Claudia Biehne, by Barend Jan de Jong (Wista 45 SP, Schneider-Kreuznach Symmar-S 5.6/210).